23 - 25 May
REPORTAGE: THE GYPSY PILGRIMAGE
[SOLD-OUT - Registration on waiting list - firstname.lastname@example.org]
Participants in this intensive three-day course will explore the gypsy festival in Saintes Maries de la Mer, a small town near Arles: a unique event when various communities come to honor their patron saint, black Sarah.
Reunions, celebrations, processions and baptisms transform the seaside resort for several days.
Based in Arles, participants will go to Saintes Maries de la Mer every day to scout locations and take pictures. Depending on their sensibility, the goal will be to find an angle, seeking not to record everything but to focus on one aspect. Accompanied in the field by their instructor, the participants’ ability to anticipate, compose and pursue their approaches will be stimulated. Daily editing sessions will be crucial for finding some distance, refining an approach and finalizing a series.
- Study and analysis of the photographs taken
- Daily shooting
- Daily trips in the Camargue by mini-bus
- Technical session with a digital camera
- Definition of a personal subject
- Selections of the photographs taken
- A selection of around 30 images attesting to your practice (preferably on paper/format of your choice)
- Your camera, charger and cables
- 2 or 3 memory cards
- A Mac-compatible hard drive or your computer if you wish
- Clothing, bag, shoes, etc. appropriate for spending several hours outdoors.
- Number of participants: 4 to 8
- Begins: 9:30 a.m. on Saturday
- Ends: 6:30 p.m. on Monday
- Location: historic center near the Arles arena GOALS:
- Learn the various steps involved in creating a photo series
- Develop a point of view based on a selection of photographs
- Taught by an instructor (contact us for more information)
- Mac computers
- A photo library (app. 500 references)
- Various kinds of lighting systems, studio accessories, tripod, etc.
- Private end-of-course interview and evaluation
- The instructor continuously evaluates the personal series
- Oral end-of-course evaluation
FORMALISATION AT THE END OF THE COURSE
- End-of-course certificate
Dernière mise à jour : 17 March 2023