04 - 08 April
Individual financing rate: 790 euros
Fabrice Courthial & Loïc Colomb
+33(0)490 967 606
Each participant will be asked to examine the ultimate goal of his approach, to play an active part in his own images, and to work on the texture of reality. Since images, like words, only take on meaning when brought together, the workshop will focus on finding the most relevant form for each individual stance. Working with Antoine d’Agata, participants must be ready to photograph intensively throughout the workshop and to extend the limits of their approach. They will have to confront their obsessions and contradictions as they shape a series of images conveying in real or fictional terms their private relationship with the world.
Magnum member since 2004, Antoine d’Agata won the Nièpce Prize in 2001. His many books include Stigma and Insomnia (Images en Manoeuvres) and Vortex (Atlantica) and Ice (Images en manoeuvre).Images that push back the boundaries of reportages make Antoine d’Agata one of France's most fascinating photographers.
- Introduction to photography as a profession
- One-to-one interview and definition of a photographic project
- Analysis of the participant's earlier work and assessment of his/her level
- Daily photography sessions- Individual and group analysis of the previous day's work
- Selection of photos with a view to creating a series- Discussion of possible outlets
- A selection of around 30 images attesting to your practice (preferably on paper/format of your choice)
- Your camera, charger and cables
- 2 or 3 memory cards- A Mac
-compatible hard drive or your computer if you wish
- Number of participants: 6 to 12
- Begins: 10:00 a.m. on Monday
- Ends: 7:00 p.m. on Friday
- Location: historic center near the Arles arena, it followed by an exhibition until 9:30 pm
- Learn the various steps involved in creating a photo series
- Develop a point of view based on a selection of photographs
Depends on the audience. A translation could be provide by an assistant if needed.
- Taught by an instructor and an assistant
- Mac computers
- A photo library (app. 500 references)
- Various kinds of lighting systems, studio accessories, tripod, etc.
- Private end-of-course interview and evaluation
- The instructor continuously evaluates the personal series
- Oral end-of-course evaluation
FORMALISATION AT THE END OF THE COURSE
- End-of-course certificate