06 - 07 July
Individual financing rate: 360 euros
Marion Brun & Marie Couteux
+33 (0)4 90 96 76 06
Thanks to small exercises and time for discussion and editing, Martine Ravache will guide the participants in their understanding of the images. It will be a question of observing, identifying, comparing or even detecting a style, an approach, a message, a technique...
The objective will be to train one's gaze, to take a little distance and then to hatch words.
The challenge will then be to compose your own lexical field in which it will be easy to come and draw words from it to compose a title, an oral presentation, a text or a declaration of intent that necessarily accompanies visual works.
A graduate of the Ecole du Louvre, Martine Ravache has been a critic and specialist in photography since her debut at Literary Magazine in 1991.
Curator of the exhibition “Lartigue in La Baule; 1913-1929", summer 2017, at the Bernard Boesch Museum in La Baule, curator of the exhibition "J.H Lartigue: Life in Colors" in 2015 at the European House of Photography in Paris, she is also the author of seven books about or based on photography.
Regards paranoïaques (Editions du Canoë, novembre 2019),
J.H Lartigue : La vie en couleurs (Editions du Seuil, 2015 / traduction américaine chez Abrams et allemande chez Schirmer Mosel),
Baie attitude (Editions Patrimoines médias, 2013),
Les Sudre, une famille de photographes (Editions Delpire, 2010),
Les années cool (Editions du Panama, 2006),
L’album photo des Français (éditions du Chêne, 2004),
Le fleuve des sables (Editions du Chêne, 2002).
- Analysis of each participant’s work
- Personalized sessions
- Discovery of other photographers
- Visits of exhibitions
- Elaboration of a text from a selection of photographs
- Photographs, portfolio, press book, etc., indicative of your level (2 or 3 different sets)
- Digital files corresponding to this selection
- Digital files of other works you’ve done
- An external storage support compatible with Mac OS or a laptop computer for storing images
- Number of participants: 6 to 12
- Begins: 10:00 a.m. on Thursday
- Ends: 7:00 p.m. on Friday
- Location: historic center near the Arles arena
- Access : stairs. 3 floors.
- Learn the various steps involved in creating a photo series
- Develop a point of view based on a selection of photographs
- Teaching staff: a professional photographer instructor, helped by an assistant from 6 attenders
- Logistic staff to facilitate shooting sessions (places, material, contacts…)
- Workshop held in both French and English :
Collective parts in French with a translation for non-French speakers.
One-to-one interviews could be in English.
- Mac computers
- Contact prints (6x4 in.)
- A photo library (app. 500 references)
- Private end-of-course interview and evaluation
- The instructor continuously evaluates the personal series
- Oral end-of-course evaluation
FORMALISATION AT THE END OF THE COURSE
- End-of-course certificate