10 - 14 July
5 jours / 35H
Individual financing rate: 790 euros
Marion Brun & Marie Couteux
+33(0)490 967 606
The goal will be to skillfully deal with the person photographed and the surrounding space.
Mr. Bonnet will help participants set up the lighting conditions that will create a mood, shape the spaces and emphasize expressions. Based on editing and adjustments made with image processing software, they will choose equipment based on distance, lighting, framing, format, etc., drawing the outlines of their own photographic worlds.
All of these aspects will be at the service of an encounter: technical issues must not interfere with the photographer’s ability to direct a shooting session and bridge the distance often imposed by the person photographed.
The goal will be to create photographs that can work as a series, achieving coherence with a mood, aesthetic choices and personal distance. This approach could also be based on little touch-ups on photographs not directly belonging to the portrait genre.
Jérôme Bonnet is represented by the Modds agency. His work has widely appeared in the press, especially Libération and Télérama. many magazines, including Elle, Le Monde Magazine and Madame Figaro, have published his portraits. The author of many reportages, particularly in New York, Japan and Canada, Mr. Bonnet won World Press Photo awards in 2009 and 2010. For several years, his work has been regularly exhibited, including at the Portrait(s) Festival in Vichy in 2013, Fotograficasa in 2016 and the Fisheye Gallery in 2017.
- Study and analysis of the photographs taken
- Daily shooting outdoor and in studios
- Exercices with artificial lights
- Exercices on images dedicated software (colourimetry, curves, etc.)
- Selections of the photographs taken
- A selection of around 30 images attesting to your practice (preferably on paper/format of your choice)
- Your camera, charger and cables
- 2 or 3 memory cards
- A Mac-compatible hard drive or your computer if you wish
- Number of participants: 6 to 12
- Begins: 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday
- Ends: 7:00 p.m. on Friday
- Location: historic center near the Arles arena
- Learn the various steps involved in creating a photo portrait
- Develop a point of view based on a selection of photographs with coherency
- Taught by an instructor and an assistant
Workshop held in both French and English :
- Collective parts in French with a translation for non-French speakers.
- One-to-one interviews could be in English.
- Mac computers
- A photo library (app. 500 references)
- Various kinds of lighting systems, studio accessories, tripod, etc.
- Private end-of-course interview and evaluation
- The instructor continuously evaluates the personal series
- Oral end-of-course evaluation
FORMALISATION AT THE END OF THE COURSE
- End-of-course certificate