A day with...
They will benefit from Mr. d'Agata's eye, advice and immense experience. He is a prolific, protean artist who embraces and challenges photography's limits while continuously questioning the photographer's commitment and depiction of the world. His documentary works and books explore the margins of our societies and lives.
Born in Marseille, he lives in Arles when not traveling the world for a reportage, an exhibition, a residency, a workshop, etc. A member of the Magnum agency, he has won many awards, including the Rencontres d'Arles 2013 Author's Book Award for Anticorps (Xavier Barral)ANTOINE D'AGATA
A Magnum member since 2004, Antoine d’Agata won the Nièpce Prize in 2001. His many books include Stigma and Insomnia (Images en Manoeuvres) and Vortex (Atlantica) and Ice (Images en manoeuvre).Images that push back the boundaries of reportages make Antoine d’Agata one of France's most fascinating photographers.Magnum Agency Website
Participants in this very rich one-day course will look at their own photographs and exchange ideas with Antoine d'Agata on their paths and their views of photography, its forms and its supports.
- Discussions about the participant's earlier work
- A selection of around 30 images attesting to your practice (preferably on paper/format of your choice)
- Number of participants: 6 to 12
- Begins: 10:00 a.m. on Friday
- Ends: 7.00 p.m. on Friday
- Location: historic center near the Arles arena
- Access : stairs. 3 floors.
- Learn the various steps involved in creating a photo series
- Develop a point of view based on a selection of photographs
- Teaching staff : a professional photographer instructor, helped by an assistant from 6 attenders
- Logistic staff to facilitate shooting sessions (places, material, contacts…)
- Workshop held in both French and English :
Collective parts in French with a translation for non-French speakers.
One-to-one interviews could be in English.
- Mac computers
- Contact prints (6x4 in.)
- Studios with various accessories
- Lightening set up (Flashs, LED, Fresnel…)
- Digital camera (on demand)
- A photo library (app. 500 references)
- Private end-of-course interview and evaluation
- The instructor continuously evaluates the personal series
- Oral end-of-course evaluation
FORMALISATION AT THE END OF THE COURSE
- End-of-course certificate
Dernière mise à jour : 24 June 2021