09 - 13 August
PHOTOGRAPHIC GAMES AND PLEASURES
This exciting five-day course will focus on creativity, curiosity and a certain form of pleasure. The goal will be to rigorously define how those aims can be achieved by playing with reality, one's own identity and that of those around us, having fun with our perceptions and sometimes our feelings—and with the various possibilities that photography offers.
Many possibilities will also focus on another "I", that of each person’s individuality, because the projects will focus on the participants’ desires, experiences and personalities.
Aurore Valade will help them work on one or more personal projects by discussing an idea, a subject and aesthetic and technical choices. The means can be extremely simple, if not minimalist, or involve staging thoughts constructed and structured by various methods, including lighting.
During this process, discovering photographers and artists and drawing on other artistic disciplines will stimulate the participants’ creativity. An assistant and the Rencontres d'Arles team will provide help and a number of accessories that may be useful.
Over the course of five days, a series of images will be finalized, if necessary with some retouching and adjusting, particularly colorimetric.
The work will printed or, depending on the project, presented in a slideshow.AURORE VALADE
Aurore Valade graduated from the École des Beaux-arts de Bordeaux and the École Nationale Supérieure de la Photographie d’Arles. She was a member artist of the Casa de Velázquez, Academy of France in Madrid in 2015/2016. Her participatory photography has earned her many awards (Rencontres d’Arles 2017 Photo Folio Review, Prix de la HSBC Foundation pour la photographie 2008, Quinzaine photographique nantaise 2006, Bourse du Talent 2005, Prix du Musée d’art moderne de Collioure 2006, Prix Arca Swiss 2005). She has published monographic works at Actes Sud (Grand Miroir) and Diaphane (Plein Air et Moulinages) as well as an artist's book at Asimétricas (Révoltes Intimes). She has also contributed to Le Tigre magazine and was a member of the Picturetank photo agency before being represented by Cendrine Gabaret. A member of the Documents d'artistes Paca network, she is represented by the galleries Stieglitz19 in Antwerp, and Gagliardi e Domke in Turin.->aurore-valade.com
- Presentation of the profession of photographer
- Analysis of the participant's previous work
- Definition of a personal project
- Individual and collective photo sessions
- Analysis of the pictures taken, editing, and building of a unified, convincing series
- Final one-to-one interview
- A selection of around 30 images attesting to your practice (preferably on paper/format of your choice)
- Your camera, charger and cables
- 2 or 3 memory cards- A Mac
-compatible hard drive or your computer if you wish
- Number of participants: 6 to 8 (12 if sanitary condition allows)
- Begins: 10:00 a.m. on Monday
- Ends: 7:00 p.m. on Friday, it followed by an exhibition until 9:00 pm if sanitary condition allows.
- Location: historic center near the Arles arena
- Learn the various steps involved in creating a photo series
- Develop a point of view based on a selection of photographs
Taught by an instructor and an assistant
- Mac computers
- A photo library (app. 500 references)
- Various kinds of lighting systems, studio accessories, tripod, etc.
- Private end-of-course interview and evaluation
- The instructor continuously evaluates the personal series
- Oral end-of-course evaluation
FORMALISATION AT THE END OF THE COURSE
- End-of-course certificate
Dernière mise à jour : 16 June 2021