1 jours / 7h
Individual financing rate: 190 euros
Fabrice Courthial & Loïc Colomb
+33(0)490 967 606
A day of passionate, straightforward discussions with Christian Caujolle, a major figure in photography for over 30 years.
Participants will benefit from the vision, advice and immense experience of Christian Caujolle, head of the Phnom Penh Photo festival since 2008, the Rencontres d’Arles in 1997 and Galerie Vu’ from 1998 to 2007 and curator of countless shows, including at PhotoEspaña, the Venice Biennial, the Frankfurt Kunsthalle and the Grand Palais in Paris.
Portfolios, series or projects underway will be discussed, observations made and suggestions proffered to glimpse concrete ways to enhance, specify, sometimes change or pursue them.
The pictures presented will also serve as pretexts to tell delightful stories about photography here and elsewhere, yesterday, today and tomorrow.
This precious day will allow each participant to step back from his or her work and put it into perspective while being enriched by the others’ experiences.
Registration only after selection. Please send around 10 photographs (or a link to you website) through the form below.
Student at the Normale Supérieur School, Christian Caujolle worked there with Michel Foucault, Roland Barthes and Pierre Bourdieu.
He joined the CNRS as a researcher, and in 1978 he starts journalism and joins Libération as Photography critic first and as editor in chief in charge of photography then.
He co-founded and led Vu' Agency in 1986, and became artistic director of the gallery. He also founded the Photo Phnom Penh Festival.
He is a critic and an independant curator, he wrote many monographs and teaches at National School Louis Lumière.
-Analysis of participant's previous works
- Number of participants: 6 to 12
- Begins: 10:00 p.m. on Fraiday
- Ends: 7:00 p.m. on Friday
- Location: historic center near the Arles arena
- Access : stairs. 3 floors.
- Analysisis of one's own photography, structuration of futur projects.
- Teaching staff : a professional photographer instructor, helped by an assistant from 6 attenders
- Logistic staff to facilitate shooting sessions (places, material, contacts…)
- Workshop held in both French and English :
Collective parts in French with a translation for non-French speakers.
One-to-one interviews could be in English.
- Mac computers
- Contact prints (6x4 in.)
- A photo library (app. 500 references)
- Private end-of-course interview and evaluation
- The instructor continuously evaluates the personal series
- Oral end-of-course evaluation
FORMALISATION AT THE END OF THE COURSE
- End-of-course certificate