07 - 08 July
1 jour et demi
Individual financing rate: 290 euros
Fabrice Courthial & Loïc Colomb
+33(0)490 967 606
Frédéric Stucin will review each participant’s work before discussing lighting not only from a technical standpoint but also the mood and feelings it can add to an image. The use of artificial light sources (flash, led) will be particularly addressed.
The next day, everyone will make a small series of portraits during a shooting session in "real-life" conditions. The aim is to fulfill a predefined intention that will give each portrait a specific identity.
The last part will involve selecting photographs according to the initial goals but also sometimes taking chance into account.
Frédéric Stucin studied decorative arts in Strasbourg and graduated from the École Nationale Supérieure Louis Lumière. In 2002, he began working on a regular basis with the daily Libération. His images are widely published in the French press, including Les Inrocks, Le Monde, Madame Figaro, Grazia, Express Styles and Technikart. At the same time, he carries out commissions for communication agencies. He also pursues more personal black & white street photography projects in the United States, with unabashed references to the genre’s great American masters such as Garry Winogrand, Lee Friedlander and Harry Callahan. The Only Bleeding series was published by Editions Le Bec en l'air.
Siteweb : fredericstucin.com
- A selection of around 30 images attesting to your practice (preferably on paper/format of your choice)
- Your camera, charger and cables
- 2 or 3 memory cards
- A Mac-compatible hard drive or your computer if you wish
- Number of participants: 6 to 12
- Begins: 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday
- Ends: 7:00 p.m. on Thursday
- Location: historic center near the Arles arena
- Access : stairs. 3 floors.
- Learn the various steps involved in creating a photo series
- Develop a point of view based on a selection of photographs
- Teaching staff : a professional photographer instructor, helped by an assistant from 6 attenders
- Logistic staff to facilitate shooting sessions (places, material, contacts…)
- Workshop held in both French and English :
Collective parts in French with a translation for non-French speakers.
One-to-one interviews could be in English.
- Mac computers
- Contact prints (6x4 in.)
- Studios with various accessories
- Lightening set up (Flashs, LED, Fresnel…)
- Digital camera (on demand)
- A photo library (app. 500 references)
- Private end-of-course interview and evaluation
- The instructor continuously evaluates the personal series
- Oral end-of-course evaluation
FORMALISATION AT THE END OF THE COURSE
- End-of-course certificate