13 - 16 September
Individual financing rate: 690 euros
Fabrice Courthial & Loïc Colomb
+33(0)490 967 606
Reflection and experimentation will eventually lead them to the right combination of visual and textual languages, forming the backbone of the book’s architecture.
Photography will be at the heart of the process, but there will also be a technical component: participants will learn how to make a dummy using layout software. Based on exploring already existing publications, these steps will touch on typography, binding, composition, etc.
Patrick Le Bescont
For more than 30 years, Filigranes has been following an original and audacious path in artists’ editions. The editorial approach combines image and writing in unique books. Founded by Patrick Le Bescont, the catalogue offers 580 titles.
The editorial approach is to combine Filigranes, in singular books, picture and writing, thus making cross eyes and sensibilities of photographers authors, artists and contemporary writers, without exclusion or styles genres.
Interview vidéo de Patrick Le Bescont par Maria-Letizia Piantoni
Interview de Patrick Le Bescont à l'occasion des 30 ans de Filigranes Éditions.
Quelques livres réalisés lors de précédents stages à Arles
- Photographs, portfolio, press book, etc...
- An external storage support compatible with Mac OS or a laptop computer for storing projects
- Language : depends on the audience (possibility of traduction during the workshop)
- Number of participant : from 6 to 8 (10 maxim if health condition allows)
- Starting time: the workshop begins on Tuesday at 10:00 A.M.
- Ending time: the workshop ends on Friday at 7:00 pm, it followed by an exhibition until 9:30 pm
- Venue: historical centre of Arles, near the arenas
- Taught by an instructor and an assistant
Workshop held in both French and English :
- Collective parts in French with a translation for non-French speakers.
- One-to-one interviews could be in English.
- Mac computers
- A photo library (app. 500 references)
- Various kinds of lighting systems, studio accessories, tripod, etc.
- Private end-of-course interview and evaluation
- The instructor continuously evaluates the personal series
- Oral end-of-course evaluation
FORMALISATION AT THE END OF THE COURSE
- End-of-course certificate