09 - 13 August
A sensitive approach : narration thread
This exciting course will help participants sharpen their eye and draw the outlines of a personal photographic language. Ljubisa Danilovic will talk about his experiences, the relationship between photographer and photography and each participant’s goals, sensibilities, obsessions, pleasures and doubts.
The aim will be to realize a project, precising intentions, buildin a guideline. The goal will be to make a step beyoud one's phot pratcice, during the workshop but also in a long term approach.
Every day, participants will receive guidance in their approach to the subjects, which they will have chosen based on their first impressions. They can rely on locations and a network of local structures established by the Rencontres d'Arles.
Daily editing sessions will help them narrow down their goals and make various kinds of choices, especially aesthetic and technical ones. Once they are clearly defined, other factors will guide how participants capture those around them, fleshing out a narrative thread.
The approach will then consist of coming out of a photography envisaged in a unitary way in order to fully enter a photographic narrative and explore the riches of this specific art photography subgenre. LJUBISA DANILOVIC
Ljubisa Danilovic is a French professional photographer and filmmaker who shares his time between personal work, institutional commissions and reporting on issues not widely covered by the media. He also makes documentary and multimedia films (Arte, Fondation Abbé Pierre, Médecins du Monde).www.ljubisadanilovic.fr/
- Discussions about the participant's earlier work
- Definition of a personal project with or withous shooting
- Individual shooting sessions or enhanced editing sessions
- First selections and file management on computer
- Editing sessions with the instructor
- Building of a unified series
- Reflexion about photo project possible outlets
- Discussion as assessment of the workshop
- A selection of around 30 images attesting to your practice (preferably on paper/format of your choice)
- Your camera, charger and cables
- 2 or 3 memory cards
- A Mac-compatible hard drive or your computer if you wish
- Number of participants: 6 to 12
- Begins: 10:00 a.m. on Monday
- Ends: 6:30 p.m. on Friday (it followed by an exhibition until 9:30 pm)
- Location: historic center near the Arles arena
- Access : stairs. 3 floors.
- Learn the various steps involved in creating a photo series
- Develop a point of view based on a selection of photographs
- Teaching staff : a professional photographer instructor, helped by an assistant from 6 attenders
- Logistic staff to facilitate shooting sessions (places, material, contacts…)
- Workshop held in both French and English :
Collective parts in French with a translation for non-French speakers.
One-to-one interviews could be in English.
- Mac computers
- Contact prints (6x4 in.)
- Studios with various accessories
- Lightening set up (Flashs, LED, Fresnel…)
- Digital camera (on demand)
- A photo library (app. 500 references)
- Private end-of-course interview and evaluation
- The instructor continuously evaluates the personal series
- Oral end-of-course evaluation
FORMALISATION AT THE END OF THE COURSE
- End-of-course certificate
Dernière mise à jour : 16 June 2021