29 June - 30 June
Individual financing rate: 290 euros
Fabrice Courthial & Loïc Colomb
+33(0)490 967 606
Born 1978, Valence, France.
Lives and works in Marseille and Paris, France.
A graduate of the École Nationale Supérieure de la Photographie d’Arles, Fannie Escoulen is a freelance curator specializing in contemporary photography. she was assistant director at BAL in Paris from 2007 to 2014 and has curated solo shows of work by Antoine d’Agata and Stéphane Duroy at BAL, Kate Barry at the Rencontres d’Arles and Anne-Marie Filaire at Mucem. In 2018, the Ministry of Culture asked her to program female photographers at Paris Photo. she regularly works with publishers and advises companies and sponsors on photography. In 2020, she will curate a major show devoted to artist Laurence Aëgerter at the Petit Palais in Paris.
- Analysis of each participant’s work
- Personalized sessions
- Discovery of other photographers
- Visits of exhibitions
- Photographs, portfolio, press book, etc., indicative of your level (2 or 3 different sets)
- Digital files corresponding to this selection
- Digital files of other works you’ve done
- An external storage support compatible with Mac OS or a laptop computer for storing images
- Number of participants: 6 to 12
- Begins: 14:00 p.m. on Thursday
- Ends: 6:00 p.m. on Friday
- Location: historic center near the Arles arena
- Access : stairs. 3 floors.
- Learn the various steps involved in creating a photo series
- Develop a point of view based on a selection of photographs
- Teaching staff : a professional photographer instructor, helped by an assistant from 6 attenders
- Logistic staff to facilitate shooting sessions (places, material, contacts…)
- Workshop held in both French and English :
Collective parts in French with a translation for non-French speakers.
One-to-one interviews could be in English.
- Mac computers
- Contact prints (6x4 in.)
- Studios with various accessories
- Lightening set up (Flashs, LED, Fresnel…)
- Digital camera (on demand)
- A photo library (app. 500 references)
- Private end-of-course interview and evaluation
- The instructor continuously evaluates the personal series
- Oral end-of-course evaluation
FORMALISATION AT THE END OF THE COURSE
- End-of-course certificate