1 July - 2 July
Individual financing rate: 290 euros
Fabrice Courthial & Loïc Colomb
+33(0)490 967 606
will be back in 2021...
An exciting and creative experience alongside Charlotte Abramow to exchange around the practice of each and then create and carry out a small personal project.
It will be a question of working on a simple and very open, universal theme, turned towards our daily life. Exchanges of ideas, appeal to the imagination, quick study of constraints and available means as well as the development of a device punctuated by the first half-day.
The one-off-to-be body to sought images, applying in particular on the models, a place, various accessories, lighting or not. The goal will be to obtain a very tight number of photos of which each element will be questioned, we will surprise, we intrigue ...
A final time will be devoted to a careful selection of photographs taken during the day.
Graduate of Gobelins, The School of Image, in Paris. At the age of 16, she was spotted by photographer Paolo Roversi during a workshop at the Rencontres d'Arles. Charlotte Abramow then made many commissions for the press in parallel with regularly exposed personal works (Gallery Fisheye, European House of Photography, Paris Photo) and rewarded (Picto Award). In 2017, she is finalist of the Photo Folio Review Awards of the Rencontres d'Arles for the dummy of her project "Maurice, Tristesse et rigolade", book on the life of his father, published in 2018 by Fisheye Editions. She also directed several video clips that met with immense success, among which "Les passantes" - Georges Brassens, as part of the International Women's Rights Day, or "La loi de Murphy" and "Balance Ton Quoi" by Angele.
- A selection of around 30 images attesting to your practice (preferably on paper/format of your choice)
- Your camera, charger and cables
- 2 or 3 memory cards
- A Mac-compatible hard drive or your computer if you wish
- Number of participants: 6 to 12
- Begins: 02:00 p.m. on Wednesday
- Ends: 6:00 p.m. on Thursday
- Location: historic center near the Arles arena
- Access : stairs. 3 floors.
- Learn the various steps involved in creating a photo series
- Develop a point of view based on a selection of photographs
- Teaching staff : a professional photographer instructor, helped by an assistant from 6 attenders
- Logistic staff to facilitate shooting sessions (places, material, contacts…)
- Workshop held in both French and English :
Collective parts in French with a translation for non-French speakers.
One-to-one interviews could be in English.
- Mac computers
- Contact prints (6x4 in.)
- Studios with various accessories
- Lightening set up (Flashs, LED, Fresnel…)
- Digital camera (on demand)
- A photo library (app. 500 references)
- Private end-of-course interview and evaluation
- The instructor continuously evaluates the personal series
- Oral end-of-course evaluation
FORMALISATION AT THE END OF THE COURSE
- End-of-course certificate