1 July - 2 July
Individual financing rate: 360 euros
Fabrice Courthial & Loïc Colomb
+33(0)490 967 606
will be back in 2021...
Participants in this exciting, hands-on, two-day course will take stock of their work, consider fresh approaches and think about how to arrange what they want to show. They will work with Sylvie Hugues on editing past, present or unfinished projects.
The course will focus on the gaze, points of view and choices. First, participants will observe, share and plainly describe their intentions and step back from their work to gain some perspective.
In small groups and individual workshops, they will build or improve upon a series, adapting or rethinking their photographs with a medium, a project or a possible destination for them in mind. The goal is to choose a distance, give the pictures meaning and coherence, find relationships and a pattern between them and, sometimes, work on framing, contrast, a texture, etc.
Visiting shows and discovering other photographers’ work will enhance the course and echo the discussions.
Sylvie Hugues was born in Paris in 1965. After studying literature & cinema, photography becomes her passion, to such an extent that she made it her principal activity. In 1992, she participates in the creation of a new photography magazine, “Réponses Photo”, of which she has been the editor in chief between 1996 and 2014. In parallel, she is an author protographer.
- Analysis of each participant’s work
- Personalized sessions
- Discovery of other photographers
- Visits of exhibitions
- Photographs, portfolio, press book, etc., indicative of your level (2 or 3 different sets)
- Digital files corresponding to this selection
- Digital files of other works you’ve done
- An external storage support compatible with Mac OS or a laptop computer for storing images
- Number of participants: 6 to 12
- Begins: 10:00 p.m. on Wednesday
- Ends: 6:00 p.m. on Thursday
- Location: historic center near the Arles arena
- Access : stairs. 3 floors.
- Learn the various steps involved in creating a photo series
- Develop a point of view based on a selection of photographs
- Teaching staff : a professional photographer instructor, helped by an assistant from 6 attenders
- Logistic staff to facilitate shooting sessions (places, material, contacts…)
- Workshop held in both French and English :
Collective parts in French with a translation for non-French speakers.
One-to-one interviews could be in English.
- Mac computers
- Contact prints (6x4 in.)
- A photo library (app. 500 references)
- Private end-of-course interview and evaluation
- The instructor continuously evaluates the personal series
- Oral end-of-course evaluation
FORMALISATION AT THE END OF THE COURSE
- End-of-course certificate