3 July - 4 July
Individual financing rate: 290 euros
Fabrice Courthial & Loïc Colomb
+33(0)490 967 606
will be back in 2021...
Part one will focus on studying photographs brought in by the participants, paying particular attention to what each one is trying to express through photography, through the portrait and, therefore, through the other.
The afternoon will be spent shooting and addressing technical aspects. The aim will be to remain fully focused on the person in front of you, the search for a purpose and a personal vision.
The next morning, the portraits made will be analyzed and commented on in the light of preset goals.
Jérôme Bonnet is represented by the Modds agency. His work has widely appeared in the press, especially Libération and Télérama. many magazines, including Elle, Le Monde Magazine and Madame Figaro, have published his portraits. The author of many reportages, particularly in New York, Japan and Canada, Mr. Bonnet won World Press Photo awards in 2009 and 2010. For several years, his work has been regularly exhibited, including at the Portrait(s) Festival in Vichy in 2013, Fotograficasa in 2016 and the Fisheye Gallery in 2017.
Site de l'agence Modds / Jérôme Bonnet
- A selection of around 30 images attesting to your practice (preferably on paper/format of your choice)
- Your camera, charger and cables
- 2 or 3 memory cards
- A Mac-compatible hard drive or your computer if you wish
- Number of participants: 6 to 12
- Begins: 10:00 a.m. on Friday
- Ends: 1:00 p.m. on Saturday
- Location: historic center near the Arles arena
- Access : stairs. 3 floors.
- Learn the various steps involved in creating a photo series
- Develop a point of view based on a selection of photographs
- Teaching staff : a professional photographer instructor, helped by an assistant from 6 attenders
- Logistic staff to facilitate shooting sessions (places, material, contacts…)
- Workshop held in both French and English :
Collective parts in French with a translation for non-French speakers.
One-to-one interviews could be in English.
- Mac computers
- Contact prints (6x4 in.)
- Studios with various accessories
- Lightening set up (Flashs, LED, Fresnel…)
- Digital camera (on demand)
- A photo library (app. 500 references)
- Private end-of-course interview and evaluation
- The instructor continuously evaluates the personal series
- Oral end-of-course evaluation
FORMALISATION AT THE END OF THE COURSE
- End-of-course certificate