29 June - 30 June
Individual financing rate: 290 euros
Fabrice Courthial & Loïc Colomb
+33(0)490 967 606
will be back in 2021...
For three exceptional half-days, Denis Rouvre will help participants in their reflection and portrait work.
The first day will focus on discussing a selection of work brought in by the participants as well as some of the signature projects Mr. Rouvre has completed in recent years.
Then the workshop will continue with a shooting session during which participants experiment with their relationship to the person photographed and lighting skills. Advice, tips, know-how and technical principles will guide this session.
The next morning will largely focus on selecting from the photographs made and continuing the discussions begun the day before.
Born 1967, Épinay-sur-Seine, France. Lives and works in Paris, France.
Since 1992, Denis Rouvre has been taking startling celebrity portraits. Over the past few years, his personal series have led him to fix his gaze on anonymous people with ordinary lives and extraordinary destinies, whom he calls his ‘heroic figures’. His work has been exhibited in France and internationally and has won prestigious awards: World Press Photo, 2012 Hasselblad Masters Portrait, Sony World Photography Award. He has published several books, including Sortie de match (Éditions de la Martinière), Lamb, and Low Tide. Le Japon du chaos, all published by Somogy Éditions d’Art.
Website : www.rouvre.com
- A selection of around 30 images attesting to your practice (preferably on paper/format of your choice)
- Your camera, charger and cables
- 2 or 3 memory cards
- A Mac-compatible hard drive or your computer if you wish
- Number of participants: 6 to 12
- Begins: 10:00 a.m. on Monday
- Ends: 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday
- Location: historic center near the Arles arena
- Access : stairs. 3 floors.
- Learn the various steps involved in creating a photo series
- Develop a point of view based on a selection of photographs
- Teaching staff : a professional photographer instructor, helped by an assistant from 6 attenders
- Logistic staff to facilitate shooting sessions (places, material, contacts…)
- Workshop held in both French and English :
Collective parts in French with a translation for non-French speakers.
One-to-one interviews could be in English.
- Mac computers
- Contact prints (6x4 in.)
- Studios with various accessories
- Lightening set up (Flashs, LED, Fresnel…)
- Digital camera (on demand)
- A photo library (app. 500 references)
- Private end-of-course interview and evaluation
- The instructor continuously evaluates the personal series
- Oral end-of-course evaluation
FORMALISATION AT THE END OF THE COURSE
- End-of-course certificate