2 July - 3 July
Individual financing rate: 290 euros
Fabrice Courthial & Loïc Colomb
+33(0)490 967 606
These three half-days with Vee Speers will focus on the portrait. The sessions will cover the basics — lighting, distance and the exchange with the model — but also leave room for emotion, and sometimes for instinct and the viewer’s interaction with the portrait.
Ms. Speers will discuss the participants’ practices before sharing her vision of the portrait as well as some of her influences and experiences.
Then she will guide them in a photo session. The pictures will be analysed and published the next day during the last session.
After studying photography at the Queensland College of Arts in Brisbane, Vee Speers worked as a stills photographer for ABC television Australia in the 1980s. After moving to Paris, she started to exhibit with her set “Bordello”, followed by “The Birthday Party” and “Immortal & Thirsteen”. Then, she has exhibited in many countries around the world: England, France, United-States, China, Irland, Singapour, Japan, Tunisia, Brasil, Mexico, Australia, Sweden and Norway. Her work has also been used for many magazines covers. She is the author of two books: “Bordello” & “The Birthday Party”.
- Study and analysis of the participant's previous works
- Collectiv shooting
- Selections of the photographs taken
- A selection of around 30 images attesting to your practice (preferably on paper/format of your choice)
- Your camera, charger and cables
- 2 or 3 memory cards
- A Mac-compatible hard drive or your computer if you wish
- Number of participants: 6 to 9
- Begins: 10:00 am on Tuesday
- Ends: 12:30 on Wednesay
- Location: historic center near the Arles arena
- Analysis and selection of photographs
- Build-up an adapted photographic device
- Taught by an instructor and an assistant
- Mac computers
- A photo library (app. 500 references)
- Various kinds of lighting systems, studio accessories, tripod, etc.
- Private end-of-course interview and evaluation
- Oral end-of-course evaluation
FORMALISATION AT THE END OF THE COURSE
- End-of-course certificate