09 - 10 October
ITINERARY: THE LIGHTS OF THE COAST copy
An exciting journey through the wide-open spaces south of Arles, a Mediterranean itinerary where everyone can develop a series by enjoying the amazing light of Indian summer. The trips will be made in mini-buses and offer an opportunity to address some technical aspects, especially with respect to managing light.
The goal will also be to work on completing a coherent, personal set of photographs with a focus on distance, aesthetic choices and relationships between the images.
The excursions will alternate with time devoted to editing, building a point of view and discussions so that everyone can go back into the field armed with a guiding principle.
- Study and analysis of the photographs taken
- Daily shooting
- Daily trips in the Camargue by mini-bus
- Technical session with a digital camera
- Definition of a personal subject
- Selections of the photographs taken
- A selection of around 30 images attesting to your practice (preferably on paper/format of your choice)
- Your camera, charger and cables
- 2 or 3 memory cards
- A Mac-compatible hard drive or your computer if you wish
- Clothing, bag, shoes, etc. appropriate for spending several hours outdoors. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Number of participants: 4 to 8
- Begins: 9:30 a.m. on Friday
- Ends: 6:30 p.m. on Sunday
- Location: historic center near the Arles arena
- Learn the various steps involved in creating a photo series
- Develop a point of view based on a selection of photographs
- Taught by an instructor (contact us for more information)
- Mac computers
- A photo library (app. 500 references)
- Various kinds of lighting systems, studio accessories, tripod, etc.
- Private end-of-course interview and evaluation
- The instructor continuously evaluates the personal series
- Oral end-of-course evaluation
FORMALISATION AT THE END OF THE COURSE
- End-of-course certificate