15 - 17 March
Playing with light
Participants will work on various devices, in natural or artificial light, seeking to faithfully transcribe the existing world or to create new ones by using accessories and adding new light sources.
The aim will be to play with light in order to go beyond technical constraints and move towards an approach that takes everybody's sensibility into account and considers even the faintest light a key element participating in the composition of an image.
Outdoors or indoors, for a portrait, a cityscape or a staged scene, this class will also be an opportunity to address various aspects such as shadow, sharpness, contrast, overexposure and sensitivity.
- Study and analysis of the photographs made
- Indoor and outdoor shooting every day
- Manual setting of a digital reflex camera
- Use of accessories (tripods, reflectors, artificial light)
- Technical exercises
- Bring your camera and a selection of photographs
- Number of attenders : between 4 and 8 persons
- Starting time : 9:30 AM on Friday
- ending time : 5 PM le dimanche
- Location : historical center, à proximité des Arènes d'Arles
Light is, by definition, at the centre of any photograph. The goal of this class is to explore its various facets and master the skills necessary to develop a personal style of using them.