This four-day workshop will help familiarise its young participants with photography in all its forms. From the basic principle of the discipline – writing with light – to the most recent changes in the field, the group will be guided by two photographers through basic methods and given tips on the handling of a digital camera. Technical aspects will be looked into every day, but there will also be ample scope for honing the eye, notably via visits to Rencontres d'Arles exhibitions.
In sessions alternating the portrait, reportage and selection of images, participants will improve their skills in framing, approaching a subject and handling light. In the course of the workshop they will produce one or more series culminating in a slideshow.
WORKSHOP CONTENT :
- Introduction in the photography and its history
- Presentation of different famous photographers
- Commented visit of Rencontres d'Arles exhibitions
- Technical exercises (management of light, distance, framing, equipment...)
- Individual and collective photo sessions in different contexts (portrait, reportage, architecture...)
- Analysis and selection of the pictures taken
- A compact and/or digital Reflex camera (if necessary, some cameras can be put at the disposal by les Rencontres d’Arles)
- 2 Memory cards if possible
- USB key (2 Go)
- Solar cream
- Cap and windbreak
9:30 am - 12:30 am
Lunch break from 12:30 am till 1:30 pm, the meals will be taken on the spot.
380 euros (lunch included)